Monday, February 14, 2011

Baby Girl #3...


It was 1:45 in the afternoon on December 6th. Dr. L sent me and my hubby over to the hospital to tell the nurses I was in "labor". I had been having labor contractions for days that led to nothing at all. I was tired and ready to have this stubborn little girl. I felt kind of guilty telling L&D nurses that I was in active labor when I wasn't technically in labor so I told them I was having contractions (which was true) and that Dr. L told me to come over and tell them I was in labor (which was true). haha. I didn't want them mad at me before I even got in the door.

One of the nurses took me to a room that was at the end of the hallway right beside all the construction that was being done. Yeah for me. Blah. I thought how in the world was I going to go through natural childbirth with that right there. But, I got a room and I wasn't going to complain.

After a few hours of kind of pretending the contractions hurt they started to stay in a pattern and actually had some real pain behind them. Hum, maybe Dr. L knew what he was talking about. By 5pm I was in active labor. My Mom got there and Aunt Aud was on her way. Things were looking good! My two other daughters were with Papa living it up going to the movies and McDonald's. They were thinking life was good!!

This was the first time that I was not induced. I've always heard that induced labor pains are harder than starting natural. Unfortunately that didn't hold true for me. Turns out that this little lady was going to make quite the entrance into this world.

By 7:45 my water broke on its own and I was at a 4. Contractions were on top of each other. I didn't have time to breath through the contractions. By 8:00pm I wanted to push and Dr. L wasn't there. The nurse decided to check me and I was at a 10. Actually she felt Baby Girl's face. Um, yeah you read that correctly she was face up chin first. All babies that present this way are always a c-section. She called Dr. L right there and told him to come "NOW". By 8:15pm my body didn't care if he was there or not Baby Girl was going to be born. Dr. L had about a second to catch her. That's when I first noticed her odd shaped head. Everyone including the Dr.s chalked it up to how she was delivered. No one said anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment